Tuesday 22 October 2013

Shall I falter or shall I finish

The last couple weeks I have been so thankful for a loving Heavenly Father and the knowledge that I have that he hears and answers prayers. I am also so grateful that he is aware of our needs even before we know what those needs might be.
Looking back at this past conference I can now see how many of the messages are just what I need to hear now and I am so thankful for that.

The last couple days have been tough for our family as we lost my cousin Brynn and then Ropes Grandma Dixie a few days later, both after battling cancer.
Brynn was the sweetest person I have ever known, and will probably ever know. For the past couple days I have been able to reflect on my memories with brynny. She was the best at putting a smile on your face and gave the most sincere compliments. I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to be there as their family was sealed in the temple last year, I will always remember how beautiful and pure Brynn looked all dressed in white. I am grateful for Brynns example of bravery and faith no matter what you are up against. I always loved to see her sweet smile and hear her infectious laugh. I am so thankful I get to have her, her parents and her siblings a part of our family forever. Love you Brynn.

I am so grateful that I got to have Dixie as a grandma for the past 2 years. I am especially grateful for the time we got to spend with her while we were home for thanksgiving. Grandma Dixie shared her testimony at ropes nephews baptism we attended while we were home. It was such a sweet and simple testimony of the things that she knew to be true. I'm so thankful we were there to hear it, it strengthened my own so much and helped me to remember those things that matter most. I am grateful for her example of courage and hard work. I feel so lucky to be married to Rope and that I get to be a part of her posterity.

One of the things that most recently stuck out to me from conference came from President Monson's talk during the Sunday morning session, while talking about adversity in our lives her said,
"The difficulties which come to us present us with the real test of our ability to endure, A fundamental question remains to be answered by each of us: Shall I falter, or shall I finish? Some do falter as they find themselves unable to rise above their challenges. To finish involves enduring to the very end of life itself."

I feel lucky to have known two amazing ladies who didn't falter and did endure to the end regardless of the difficult things they faced each day. 


In the same talk from President Monson he also says,
"We know that there are times when we will experience heartbreaking sorrow, when we will grieve and when we may be tested to our limits. However, such difficulties allow us to change for the better, to rebuild our lives in the way our Heavenly Father teaches us, and to become something different from what we were; better than what we were, more understanding than what we were, more empathetic than what we were, with stronger testimonies than we had before."

I hope that through these sorrows I will become better then I was before, and that I might be more able to help those around me who experience trials. I am grateful for the many experiences I have gained in this life so far and how they help me become more compassionate and Christlike. I am also grateful for my testimony and the peace and comfort it brings me to know I can be with my family forever if I live worthy. 



1 comment: