Saturday 20 October 2012

pin there

A couple months ago I was feelIng especially guilty about not writing in a journal.. I always think about my "posterity" and how sad they will be when they don't know what was going on in my life...  I used to be very good at journaling and have loads of notebooks full of all my {silly} high school worries. One night while browsing pinterest I came across an idea that I though would give me motivation to get writing again.
It's a daily journal that can be reused each year and gets better the longer you use it.. sounds great right?!

I only wish mine could be as adorable as the original

I've been using cue card held together with a hair elastic.. but I'm hoping to find the perfect little box sometime soon. Each day you write the year and something that happened that day. I've been writing my favorite part of the day or anything positive that happened to me, in this was it also works as a kind of gratitude journal and has made me more aware of how great my life is and how lucky I am!

 I love associating specific dates with events that happen in my life, I love knowing the day that Rope and I first met and when we got engaged etc... This first year has been a little tricky for me to stay motivated to do it, but im already looking forward to when the days start repeating and getting to see what was going on a year ago. I'm just over two months in.. Wish me luck :)

I've been having a lot of luck with Pinterest lately- here are a few more of my pins that became a reality
Pilsbury Crescent rolls filled with pie
filling  dipped in cinnamon sugar. Tastes
just like apple pie:)
Spray Painted Wreath from Michaels with
flowers.. On our door even if not many people
come to it.. :P












Made this tonight.. It
was Delicious! I added
Parmesan cheese
On a side note my husband is the sweetest :)










2 comments:

  1. I love that journal idea! way to go!
    And just so you know, we appreciate the wreath :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love the journal idea! You will have to keep us updated on how it goes :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete